Seattle blew my expectations away. The weather was PERFECT! I kept waiting for rain and it never came. Which means….more time for exploring.
Place to Eat & Drink
- Elliot’s Oyster House- this place was packed! I highly recommend a reservation. It was right on the water with a beautiful view. Try to get an outside table if you can.
- Momiji- awesome Japanese food with a Twilight vibe in Capitol Hill. There is a super cute patio in the middle of the restaurant.
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer- just drinks!
Places to See
- Future of Flight Tour– we did a 90 minute tour in Everett, WA. About 1 hour outside of downtown Seattle.
- Space Needle
- Chihuly Garden and Glass- we bought tickets for this and the Space Needle package $38 each.
- Original Starbucks & Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room
- Pike’s Place Market
- Wallace Falls State Park– 4.6 mile trail to a beautiful waterfall just one hour outside Seattle
How We Got There
We flew American there and Alaskan back for about $250 per person.
Where We Stayed
- The Renaissance in downtown Seattle for $183 (AAA rate) per night + tax. Not bad for downtown! It was cheaper in area like Bellevue, but I figured we could walk to a lot of places from here like Capitol Hill
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle. We walked to the Space Needle from here! Overall the location was very central. I used 10k points so it was free!
Overall, I would definitely go back to Seattle and explore. There are so many hikes, parks and restaurants with great views.